HybridZ

Looking for machine drawings of Chevy heads

Hello gents! hopefully you guys can help me. I'm in the process of installing a vortech supercharger and I want to make an Air con/alternator bracket for the passenger side. I tried the cardboard and hammer method but the accuracy is not that great. I looked on the web and couldn't find any machine drawings of the accessory bolt holes for the SBC heads! does anyone know where I can find some? Thanks!!!

well guys after looking through the web for 2 days straight i finally found just 3 pictures of the bolt holes that I was looking for! I can't believe that the SBC been in production since 55 :blink: and I could only find 3 pix? Well here they are just in case someone needs this info later. The march diagram is kind of what I want to do, but the A/C is too low and will hit the passenger frame rail and the motor JTR motormount. So I need to mount the A/C higher up , almost to the same height as the alternator. the last pic is my pattern for the Vortech supercharger. wish me luck guys! :rolleyes:

post-194-057851100 1315946302_thumb.jpg

post-194-053556900 1315946324_thumb.gif

post-194-093700800 1315946376_thumb.jpg

post-194-080926700 1315946406_thumb.gif

post-194-089696000 1315946662_thumb.jpg

post-194-042906300 1315946693_thumb.jpg

Edited by fastzcars

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the huge Vortech carb box to fit under the hood? Any ideas?

It looks great. Welcome to forced induction.

When I had an airbox for my turbos, I lowered the engine for stock hood clearance. If you don't want to do that, but want the stock hood, maybe a carb hat would provide clearance.

Hello there Turbo Meister! It's been awhile since we last saw each other! Yah, I finally saw the light and decided of forced induction! I do want to try to keep it all under the stock hood. Ill try lowering the crossmember and see if that's enough. As far as i can figure i need 1 inch. ;) Im so close now I can taste the track!!!! :D