HybridZ

VQ35DE Wiring

the300zxmaster

Please excuse me if i am beating a dead horse or posting in the incorrect section.

I recently aquired a vq35 twin turbo drivetrain. It has the greddy td05 18g kit. I have the main engine wiring harness and ecu. It also has some sort of module that looks like a piggy back tune.

My question is what is required electrically to get the car to simply run. Do i need any other harnesses or can i just wire in and have an ignition or press button start. It appears to be a drive by wire so i would assume i would have to aquire a pedal assy.

2011-09-13_19-35-55_296.jpg

2011-09-13_19-36-07_842.jpg

2011-09-13_19-49-04_751.jpg

Sorry for the last response. That Greddy Box is likely the tune for the Turbos. You'll need to call Greddy with the part numbers to know what exactly it's supposed to do. As for the VQ35De wiring, It's been explained in other threads, so I won't go too deep into it. But look For Austin's (Ahoke) DE swap threads.

Basically to make a DE run you'll need:

Engine harness

Body Harness(dash)

ECU - Which it looks like you have.

BCU - Black box on same bracket as interior Fuse box

Key and NATS (nissan anti-theft system)antenna ring

IPDM (Engine compartment power management)

Interior fuse box.

Gas Pedal.

That's the minimum you will need for it to run under Stock harnesses. If you want to pay $900+ you can have your harnesses hacked and delete the Key/BCU/NATS function. I've heard it works well. But If your local Nissan dealer has a ConsultIII they can reprogram any key to work with any BCU/ECU combination. Of course it's easiest to get all the parts from the same car, then you won't have to worry about wether the system will talk internally.

If you want to use the 350Z gauges, you'll also need the AC amp (white box) and of course the gauges.

I highly recommend you DL the FSM and take a look at the systems. It's nicely put together in the manual.

I would love to have the Twin turbo setup. it's too pricy for me right now tho. If this is going in an S30, you'll need a Tranny Shifter shortener block, also from Ahoke (I guess he's not on here anymore, but do a search, he's probably not too hard to find.

Ask any questions you have, we'll try to find you some answers.

Phar

Thanks for the reply! I will be attempting to put this in my Z32.

I have a book of information I printed out and need to read through about the BCU, NATS, ETC. Unfortunately they crushed the rest of the car and hauled it away by the time I got a hold of the engine and other bits. I have the engine harness and ecu. They are supposed to be calling me sometime today with the vin number of the car. I have the accelerator already. At this point it seems i might as well go ahead and get a haltech lol.

Ebay is your friend. Any BCU/Nats/Key will work, it woudl nee dto be reprogrammed with ConsultIII. Slidegood has is a Z34 dismantler that has a lot of that stuff cheap. Haltech is good. I don't know how much of the stock system you need to make it run though. What year is your engine? It's good you got the VIN, you'll need it if you use the stock ECU.

• 1 month later...

I'm not very familiar with the UTEC. So I couldn't really answer that question. I know thought that the closer to stock setup that you have, then then easier your troubleshooting will be later on since the add in parts like Haltech and UTEC are designed to augment the Stock system. As for the NATS removal, it's really not that big a deal, you just need a DASH haness for the same year (which you'll need if you're going to run any stock gauges) the NATS antenna, a Key and a BCU. Nissan will set it up for you w/ the ConsultIII. The system should also have the Stock Fuseboxes and the IPDM in the Engine compartment, but those aren't 100% required. All these parts can be had relatively cleaply compared to the engine or compared to a harness hack. The Z32 has the toothed gears on the Diff shafts so you can get the Speedo signal from there.

What Year is the Engine? Some of the early ones had oiling issues, some of the early tranny's weren't so good either. I'd be really interrested so see how you end up setting this up. I saw yout thread in the Z32 section and will follow it.

Phar