HybridZ

280Z Fiberglass door panels

Rayven14

So if I were gonna make a set of fiberglass door panels for the 280Z I would need a set to get started with. Anyone local (To the San Francisco Bay area) and interested in donating a set for the cause!

I can of course make them with and without speaker provisions.

Anyone got a pic of the 280Z panel, kinda wanna know what Im gettin into.

Pete,

You already are making the panels for the 75-76 280 as the lower section is the same size as the 240 and 260 panels. Only the holes would differ for the grab rails and since you aren't putting holes in the panels, all is good. Now the 77-78 panel is different but I did give you what needs to be changed to make those which is a slight trimming of the back edge of the door.

Before anyone comments on the lock pull difference, this is for the lower, cardboard section on the door panel only.

Joe

Yep. No idea why they have been complaining. I have a 240, 260, and both 280 styles available to me. Only difference I can see is between 70-76 and 77-78. That difference is in the location of the door lock pull. On a 77-78 door panel the door lock pull is a few inches forward. Since we are not concerned about this area when replacing the cardboard section of the panel, this is a moot point. There is also differences in location of the holes for mounting the door handles but since you are not drilling the holes and this is the responsibility of the person mounting the panel, this is also not a concern.

Joe