HybridZ

ka24de TB on L28 Manifold Question

CaptainJoe87

I just pulled a TB of a KA24DE (240SX motor) what am I missing here? Something is not adding up/ looking right.

This is the TB and N42 intake manifold. What fills the extra space on the manifold? What is the best way to do this install? What is the most cost effective way to do this install? Any links to write ups or any hands on knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

post-13998-050717200 1316381444_thumb.jpg

Edited by CaptainJoe87

I just pulled a TB of a KA24DE (240SX motor) what am I missing here? Something is not adding up/ looking right.

This is the TB and N42 intake manifold. What fills the extra space on the manifold? What is the best way to do this install? What is the most cost effective way to do this install? Any links to write ups or any hands on knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

post-13998-050717200 1316381444_thumb.jpg

There is a 1 inch spacer you can buy, I got my of ebay a long time ago. some one here ay have one for sale.

this is the first one I came up with ( google )

http://www.graytechsoftware.com/garage/pic.asp?tbs/tbs_pic

Nigel

post-2090-007428500 1316385859_thumb.jpg

I had my intake manifold ported to match the throttle body (I'm using the Weber Big Throat).

The oblong portion on the stock manifold had to be filled in before the porting started. Definetly not the cheapest option, but I was getting a lot of work done to the manifold, and most people agree that larger throttle bodies don't add any performance without being port matched...

If you don't plan on porting, or using a throttle cable instead of the stock linkage you will definitely need the spacer Nigel posted.

Not sure what your running for an ECU, but the 240sx unit has a throttle position sensor, while the stock L series has a throttle position switch. Just another thing to sort out before you put it all together. ;)

Stock ECU, yes I am going to port match the intake manifold and my other concerns were with the linkage. How should it hook up? I wish there was a quick little write up on this swap with pictures but I havent been able to find one. I have come across a lot of people asking questions but no solid this is how its done type things. So when I get it done I will make sure to take plenty of pictures for everyone to see.

I ran into the same problem trying to fit my 240sx tb to the manifold. Initially I was going to run the tb without spacer and just use a Lokar tb cable but then I realize the gap at the manifold after I cut the cooling passage on 240sx tb. I think before I had cut the cooling passage there w as just enough material on the tb to cover the space, but don't quote me on that. I ended up ordering a tb spacer after searching around for a solution, http://arizonazcar.com/inject.html sells one of the cleanest looking ones.

• 1 month later...

For a quick fix I filled what I needed to with JB weld, or use epoxy. They even make a material for filling in runners in intakes and heads. Getting it welded might be cheaper than that last option though. There is almost no filler showing and its dark so its not noticeable.

I also cut the heating passage on the throttle body and flipped it over. Ran a $4 bike shifter cable and a 50 cent crimp from the pedal to the stock location on the throttle body. looks clean as the crimp is hidden by the boot on the fire wall.

Lokar cable, HA!

hardest part is getting the cable just the right length, took about 10 mins.

I wish I had a better picture, its cleaner that how it sounds. The block off plate on the air bypass it temporary untill the MS2 install B)

post-2846-029464200 1319675640_thumb.jpg

Edited by tyler031734

Cool thanks for the picture included. Its nice to actually see what your talking about. I am in the process of saving up for the MSA exhaust system so I can put my headers on and then the N42 intake at the same time, but also wanted to solve the TB problem so it could all get done at once. Thanks again