HybridZ

exhaust overrun growl

duragg

I am not bashing or anything, just putting my personal opinion out there. I really kinda have a hate for the way turbo mufflers and glass packs sounds. My exhaust is off the stock manifold, 2/5 inch. Then as soon as I could 3" mandrel bent all the way back to a 3in-3out Thrush Welded 2 chamber muffler. It is really deep, almost sounds like a road race car. Has a rumble at idle but really seems to scream at high RPM. I built the exhaust myself and I am rather proud. I would get an exhaust note video, but I happened to blow my L28 up.

This video is just a tease.

Idle only, sorry.

Plus I caught my pulley slipping so I recalibrated it temporarily and have the timing mostly removed until I get a new fancy pulley and can re-time more accurately. I miss my timing! What a difference at 25 vs 38!.

Also with the temperatures changing or the Weber gods messing with me the mixture is a tad fat here.

But the TwicePipes have an interesting tone. They ring a neat way and for sure big time growl on overun privided the mixture is fat enough on that overrrun. Too lean in overrun and it pops and barks ugly in the overrun.

Had the TwicePipes professionally installed and he cut and welded them for better fit and tucked up nicely.

It works.