HybridZ

still not getting enough fuel.

my 260z will start and turn over a few times but then dies. if i spray carb cleaner it will run longer but die once all is burnt up. i believe that during start up it only uses the mechanical pump, and the electrical pump kicks in during higher revs. The mechanical fuel pump is filled with gas and the carb floats are wet but not full with gas. i checked the carb and E/pump filters and cleaned them. the electrical fuel pump reads about 6.8 ohms and is getting voltage. The only strange thing i have found is there are 30.3 ohms of resistance from the positive side of the fuel sender to chases ground. Any ideas why i cant get the fuel to run? i dont think its the electric pump but then again i am a nubbie :P

Check the lines after the mechanical pump. If it has fuel up to the pump the something is keeping it from your carbs.

Try running your own remote electric pump w/ regulator and filter. See thae fixes it.

there is some fuel in that line not a whole lot though, that hose is old and seems brittle so im replacing it today. although i dont think thats my problem since gas isnt leaking out and spraying carb cleaner on it doesnt change starting.

Thanks so much everyone. Its fixed but im not sure which of the fallowing did it, since i did them all at once: Cleaned the SU's, replaced an old fuel suction hoses, blew the rest out with air, and cleaned some not so great connections. Also i discovered that when i push the mechanical pump lever/arm and im covering the fuel input with my finger i barely feel suction. Time for a new pump?