HybridZ

Ebay ZG flares

spitsnaugle

So, if so many of you guys have NOS/OEM ZG flares, why not make a mold off of them and sell it for some good cash?

No need. There's a company already out there making them at least as good as ( if not even better ) than OEM quality....

^Or just tell us where/how they got them, whether it be through connections in Japan or some other way.

....and the company that makes them - as I have already mentioned more than once on this thread, and not for the first time on this forum - is called MARUGEN SHOKAI. They are based in Hokkaido, Japan.

Here's a picture of the me about halfway through installing the fender flares on my car. The fenders are already cut. The circles are where everyone has a gap on their ZG flares. The gap is minimal on tightly mounted flares and nothing to be concerned about.

6_draw.jpg

Discussed on this forum several times in the past: Marugen Shokai

I searched and only found the name mentioned in a 3 threads, but never on how to order from them. (I guess I need to learn japanese, j/k)

Thank you very much for the link google didnt bring up their site on the first page search results. Looks like the price isnt too bad either if my currency conversion is right. 18000 yen is only $230, has me curious to find out what the shipping cost is.

• 9 months later...

There is no way you can mount ZG's with no gap in the front! There's a crease in the body line on the fender, and there is definitely no crease on any ZG flare!

^This statement is wrong. I just received my ZG flares from RHDjapan, they are the most accurate reproductions I could find. These ZG flares have a very slight crease for the bodyline. It fits perfectly.

Will take a photo.

Edited by spitsnaugle

I just received my ZG flares from RHDjapan, they are copies off of the original molds, the most accurate reproductions I could find.

Can we nip this story in the bud please? They are most certainly NOT "copies off of the original molds"....

Parts from Marugen Shokai are excellent quality, and at least as good as the OEM factory parts ( hence they fit properly ), but they are NOT made in the original Nissan ( Kotobuki ) molds.

This is how urban myths start.