HybridZ

Twin scroll restricter plate...

emoximuu

My terminology is a bit off but you'll get the point. I want to use a Peakboost manifold on an SR20 but am looking for the best response possible. Using a twinscroll turbo I could use a quick spool valve (http://www.suprastore.com/spquspva.html) but that doesnt seem productive for a car I want to road race. What I'm think of is a plate that would leave one side free and reduce the other acting like a restricter on one side, forcing more flow through the nonrestricted side. The benifits I forsee are increased spool and the cost of a little top end. With a turbo thats a little oversized (3071/76) I dont think the topend would be hurt that much.

What are your thoughts? I've done a quick search but didnt find anything like it.

My terminology is a bit off but you'll get the point. I want to use a Peakboost manifold on an SR20 but am looking for the best response possible. Using a twinscroll turbo I could use a quick spool valve (http://www.suprastore.com/spquspva.html) but that doesnt seem productive for a car I want to road race. What I'm think of is a plate that would leave one side free and reduce the other acting like a restricter on one side, forcing more flow through the nonrestricted side. The benifits I forsee are increased spool and the cost of a little top end. With a turbo thats a little oversized (3071/76) I dont think the topend would be hurt that much.

What are your thoughts? I've done a quick search but didnt find anything like it.

What do you mean by "not productive"? What makes you think that?

The restrictor plate idea almost certainly won't work like you are thinking. If that's what you want to do, then just get a smaller AR turbine housing and be done with it - that's essentially what you are trying to do with the fixed restrictor plate.

Edited by TimZ

I wanted to run twin scroll scroll but don't want to have a custom setup made. I think with the advent of Garrett's small frame GTX turbo's Im going to run a gt(x)2871 type setup. Just need to get my hands on a fullrace tubular bottom mount with external WG...one of those hard to find, discontinued but awsome products!