HybridZ

Temp. Gauge Thermistor

BLOZ UP

Thanks, but I'm looking for the dash gauge sensor's values. I'll suppose it's not so hard to measure anyway. I'm trying to get the stock gauge to work with a VG30ET, and I'm willing to bet the curves are similar.

Edited by BLOZ UP

The curve is in the FSM. It's a small diagram-I don't remember the page. I'll try to look it up when I get home. I used it to determine what thermister to buy to improvise with a head with no temp sender.

The curve for the temperature sensor for the gauge?

I found the one for the CHTS/ECU sensor. I did not see one for the dash gauge. They are separate sensors.

Why not just use the correct sender for the gauge in place of what is in the VG30? It may just screw into the thermostat housing without any issues. For my RB25 saw I just use the 240Z sender. I had to drill and tap the RB25 thermostat housing, but that's not a big deal to do.

Also, it should be a linear relationship between temperature and resistance because a resistor is a linear device.