HybridZ

L28ET .ini code and tune needed

Two80z4me

Basically like the title says,

I need a .ini file that goes with a stock L28ET MS2E tune .msq file and what code you're using it on.

It would be a huge help, thanks a ton Hybridz!

(checked the post your tune thread and it didn't have any .ini to go with it)

Thanks,

Sean.

You're not finding anything in the map sharing thread that is close enough to your specs to get started?

I'd be happy to help, but only have NA tunes.

all the codes they have on the map sharing are no longer hosted so I can't download some of them, and the ones that are do not have what code they are using or the .ini file.

If you have the .msq and the .ini and what version it is I'm sure I can make it work, along with the specification of whats done to the motor :)

That would be enough, I just need to have the matching tune/version because the MS2E I got has the 2.88 obselete version on it that no one uses.

Thanks a ton.

I don't think I have the ini file, it's for 3.1.0 though, 3.1.1 should be compatible and is the new stable release.

I just posted on MSextra about a rev limit issue I'm and apparently there is a bug and that's why it's not working, so be careful, spark cut rev limit doesn't work. It's supposed to be fixed for 3.2.1.

I'll be honest, this isn't a pretty, well tuned msq, but it does drive fairly well and makes decent power. It's very seriously something I threw together on the way to the drag strip after a head/cam swap, it could use some smoothing and tweaking. I did that, but I started having injector problems(think I plugged an injector from poor filtration) after that, so I don't trust any of the more recent iterations.

Standard warnings: be careful with your car, blown engines aren't my fault, do not taunt happy fun ball, your mileage may vary, every engine is different, etc

2011-10-25_16.44.06.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Went here [http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/upgrade.html] to download the latest MS2E code, and uploaded it onto his ECU.

He's running 3.2.1 now.

I don't know enough about MS2 to make older code versions work with this - this was not a problem on my MS1E install, everything went smoothly.

The test car is wired up and running on a L28ET MS1E setup with a 83 CAS Dizzy, and when I switch over to dudebrah's box, it doesn't recognise all the sensors. The DIYAT writeup shows the same relay board wiring harness for both MS1E and MS2E.

*edit* Linux?? Get Windows like everyone else, ya damn hipster.

Edited by FlatBlack

I think my tune should load right into the most recent stable release just fine.

I can swap between MS1E and MS2E by just swapping the CPU, but I used all GM sensors. It should be just that easy, maybe if you used easytherm and the stock sensor it could be disagreeing with you.

My setup consists of an L28ET, 'A' cam, MSA downpipe, 3" exhaust with turbo muffler, stock turbo, EVO 8 IC w/2.25" pipe(didn't actually notice a need for changing the tune after this, could probably have added some timing though), 750cc injectors running at 36psi(approx 600cc).

Edited by letitsnow

I can swap between MS1E and MS2E by just swapping the CPU, but I used all GM sensors. It should be just that easy, maybe if you used easytherm and the stock sensor it could be disagreeing with you.

GM IAT and GM CLT.... 83 CAS dizzy, L28ET/P90A stock rebuild, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, Evo 8 FMIC with 2.25 pipes, VR4 390cc injectors. We're really close, actually - I thought you were N/A.

I'll try it later.

Would you mind emailing me your tune? flatblack280 at "google mail."

Edited by FlatBlack