HybridZ

L28ET wtb complete with harness and ecu

kswagable

i finally got what i want to do with my car. with that being said i would like to buy a turbo L28 from someone thats will to sell. i am looking for a stock or not so stock ;) engine with full wiring harness and ecu. if your selling please provide pictures and full describtion of why you are selling the motor and its history. If motor is out of the car please before pulling it get cyl compression readings but if you already pulled engine out just hook up the starter to you fly with provide 12 volts and then jump starter and get compression readings that simple. I would prefer a 83 L28ET but any is fine and remember must e in working condition.

Also im looking for drivers side window tracks for 76 280z

text me if you have what i am looking for or pm me

located in 45805

Edited by kswagable

Guest Dan Gleason

I have a turbo short block in Great shape. It's a F54 block and the compression was 165 on all cylinders before I tore it down. I was told buy a z mechanic in SAN Jose that it had a light rod knock when starting in the mornings when cold. This mechanic did a leak down and compression check. Another mechanic diagnosed my problem as a wrist pin going out on #er 3 cylinder. Since I got tired of hereing the noise when I started the engine,

I decided to pull the motor. I have rebuilt 3 off these motors so I rebuilt another block I had. I'm in no hurry to sell this block. I'll sell it only if the price is right. To contact me go to gleason_d@sbcglobal.net

Dan

Guest Dan Gleason

I was wrong on the compression reading. They were as follows:

#1-150 psi

#2-150 psi

#3-150 psi

#4-150 psi

#5-148 psi

#6-150 psi

The work was done at ZcarGarage in San Jose by Rob invoice #er 00004469

Date-5/22/2009

I have the invoice for this work.

Dan Gleason, gleason_d@sbcglobal.net, 1-209-477-3691

• 3 weeks later...

thank you guys but i really just want to buy it as a whole or maybe just the engine

I have a complete 1982 280zx turbo(auto)l28et. When I say complete, I mean everything that is required to run the engine. From ecu, to oil cooler(not sure I have all the copper washers for the oil cooler), to relays specific to the engine harness, including the down pipe. I will include any spare turbo parts I may have, i.e spare, throttlebody to turbo, j-tube. The engine had about 160,000mi on it when pulled from the car(ten years ago), it was started before pulling, and ran without issues. I would recommend replacing the hydraulic rocker pivots, with solid ones(not very expensive or hard to do), but it ran without any obvious ticking from the hydraulics. Also, engine prep for an engine sitting for an extended period of time, priming the oil system etc, should be done. I don't have any compression numbers, but I could probably do that. I bought it with the expectation that I would be able to bolt it up, prep it, and go. So, I believe it will do just that. Cosmetically, it's average, with the only obvious issue being, some of the valve cover paint has peeled. I'm planning on posting this for sale soon anyway, as I need the money to prep my Z for Autox this year, but I saw your post and thought I would give it a shot.

I have a 75 I was going to put it into, but decided to stay NA.

I'm asking $1000, plus shipping, but am open to offers. I would ship from 98225, as that's where I'm storing it currently, so take that into account. I prefer Pay Pal for payment...

Thank you!

Ross