HybridZ

using L28e for turbo build... is this a bad idea

i have been perusing the internet for a few days, im 100% new to this forum, and to datsuns. i recently acquired a 76 280. i have stripped the car down to its most basic form, and am doing extensive body work. shaving sheet metal. antenna and the quarter emblems for example, all that stuff is pie to me.

My beef is with the L28e i really dont want to run out and Buy a donor car 280zx. reason 1, i dont have the space for another pyle of scrap metal, and 2 i already looked for one locally and couldnt find one. My main question is, can i purchase a turbo p-90 head,turbo manifold,upgrade the fuel injection and ignition. and hook it all up to a aftermarket ecu I.E. megasquirt and and all other accoutrements make 300 hp with the block that is in my car. i refuse to do a v-8 swap. i already own a few v-8 cars. i have searched and searched, and all i have gotten was buy a 280zx engine,

thoughts?

go easy on me, My Goal 300hp max, with a L28e block . If not please school me to why chasing down a f54 block would be better.

i wasnt looking for a spoon feed.. i have searched, and searched again, i have even considered not posting at all with the idea in mind that Tony D would be the first to respond with."spoon feed me" and yet i have continued searching and found nothing, so you basically wasted my time, and yours, i have yet to find any threads where someone used a stock N/A block with and convert it to a turbo setup. they were all threads where a f54 block was used. im not asking what exhaust i need to put on it, what size turbo, or fuel injectors, to use, im asking if it could be done, so tomorrow i can actually get some work done on my car, instead of combing the internet for a week wading through all the L28e posts that are not really of L28e but rather l28et posts, if you would be so kind with your undisclosed infinite wisdom please point me to the appropriate section i would be more than happy to read the info myself and learn, but as far as it goes, your comment seems to be counter productive to the idea of a forum. im not a professional l28e engine builder and do not aspire to be. i was simply asking. for some information that you are obviously tired of giving.sorry for asking the same questions you have maybe heard a thousand times before but instead of being counter productive maybe point me to a thread if you know of one that can answer my questions... and to be honest, whats wrong with a spoon feed if someone just wants to build a car and drive it? maybe i have a time limit of getting this car rolling and do no have time to amass the knowledge you have absorbed over a 10 year run hear at hybridz. i dont have 10 years to build a car, or the cash to experiment.

as per your comment, i will still continue to search, thanks for at least reading my post tho.

Yes you can turbo your n/a engine. Buy the turbo manifold, turbo, oil line and t fitting, exhaust downpipe. Megasquirt, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, later on you will need to upgrade to a better fuel pump, J-pipe, turbo dist, its easier to do with a turbo dist, turbo oil pan, or add the drain bung to your oil pan, other parts are listed in the forums. Have add it.

I have been running an N/A Turbo engine for 6 years and love it.