HybridZ

Car doesn't start

Hello I have a 280zx. Recently the car would not turn on and not even the lights do. If I wait a night without trying to start the vehicle, the door lights will come on if the door is left open. However right when I try to start the car to acc, all the lights turn on for half a second and turns off. What is this problem? By the way before it broke I turned off and on the car around 6 times.

I have tried the switching the ignition switch and still no luck. Also one month ago I changed the starter. The battery is new.

I cleaned it and still no luck. Also I charged the battery yesterday and plugged it in. Everything turned on at acc for as long as I wanted, but then when I go to start it turns off....And nothing works. Then if I tap positive terminal all the lights will turn back on for acc.

I cleaned it and still no luck. Also I charged the battery yesterday and plugged it in. Everything turned on at acc for as long as I wanted, but then when I go to start it turns off....And nothing works. Then if I tap positive terminal all the lights will turn back on for acc.

It sounds like your battery has a bad connection internally. Check the voltage at the battery while the lights and such will not work. Make sure to probe for voltage "inside" the connectors, (touch the probe to the battery post centers). If the voltage is low the battery is bad. If the voltage is 12 V you have a problem outside the battery somewhere.