HybridZ

Intercooler questions

DraggingDatsun

• 2 weeks later...

In a Z, I could run the intercooler piping around the rear bumper and back and you wouldnt notice a thing as far a response is concerned. These measurement only apply if your an egghead in a lab trying to get every last drop of speed out of a Z, and willing to pay tons to get it.

• 9 months later...

I also spent alot of time thinking of spool time and pressure drop. If your still looking for a same side intercooler i got mine at frozrenboost.com And it dropped my ait by 120 deg over the j pipe at 10 psi. Im using 2 1/4'' pipe which was best suited for my stock turbo. I get 5 psi by 2200 rpm its fantastic and 14 psi by 3200. Sorry the second pic was a little blurry.

post-18952-0-56158500-1352905266_thumb.jpg

post-18952-0-48003300-1352905290_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of us do use vertical flow intercoolers. There was a great thread abotu this years ago here on hybridz, and it was determined then taht the vertical flow was more efficient, unfortunately at that time vertical flow units were pretty sarce, treadstone offers good quality vertical flow intercoolers at decent prices.