HybridZ

1983 NA to Turbo

Wangan280

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked 2098190284 times before, but I've searched high and low and can't find what I'm looking for for the life of me.

I have an entire L28et swap from an 1983 turbo minus tranny

I have

-ECU

-uncut harness

-rebuilt turbo

-everything from valve cover to oil pan

-full dash (analog dash), boost gauge cluster etc

I was wondering what the main differences are in the wiring harnesses from NA to the turbo harness, (is it a few wires or what) and the differences between the digital and analog dashes (I have a digital currently)

This is my first turbo swap and I want it to go as smoothly as possible, I've printed some diagrams and a write up I found, but I was wondering if I need to change out my entire harness to put in my motor.

Thanks

Jordan

PS. I searched forever

Edited by Wangan280

It's a plug and play operation. Download the S130 manuals off of xenons130 and study up.

You will need the analog cluster harness to put the analog cluster in. Both only read up to 85mph or so. You can do the digital dash mod and trick it into reading up to 140mph. I did this on my old 280zx.

EFI (NA) harnesses are completely different than ECCS (turbo) harnesses. They plug into the same place on the main harness.

Air flow meter mounts are a bit different on the chassis, Turbo model has provisions for mounting the EGR vacuum modulator.

Turbo models had a vacuum pump on the right fenderwell to provide vacuum to the hvac system while under boost.

Cant remember any other differences.