HybridZ

97 Subaru legacy gt 2.5

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">Highly worried brake light and battery light stay on.<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Two weeks ago I did the coil swap, I used Accel instead of MSD, with no issues till 3 days ago, I replaced the alternator 2 days ago and had no issues till today and now those two lights are on again. Could I have crossed the two outside wires and be causing this to my self? Or is there another explanation.<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); ">And as always thank you in advance for your help.<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); ">Oh and I dont think it matters but I used a plug from a 05 neon for the splice on the coil.

where did you buy the alternator? not all alts are the same. some are junk. <br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); ">i doubt it is the coil unless you wired a short , power to ground, into the system.<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); ">have both your alt and your battery tested at a parts store. probably not the store that sold you the alt.

Generic alt from checker. Couldn't have wired in a short unless the system shorts from reversing the two out side wires. I cut three wires right against stock plug and and crimped and heat shrunk them together.The local checker is the best parts store available to me. The Napa and Auto zone are beyond horrible.

New alternator today from Napa new battery terminals and battery. Same issue low voltage out put original alt from me buying the car was completely dead I replaced it with a checker unit and with in one day it was only putting out 11.7-12.5 volts same issues with alt. from Napa I replaced the battery and alt and terminals at the same time to narrow down potential issues. What now I have no idea what could be wrong Please someone. This is my only car.

This is a cut and paste of a issue I posted on a Subaru forum I am still having the issue and know one there is helping/ has an idea. Any one here able to help? Oh and i am sure some one will ask I do have a z it just doesn't count a car right now because it is in a whole bunch of pieces.

So all electrical for the charging system has been reworked. I solder and crimped new ends on all the wires and put grounding wires on. So far the block the driver strut tower and the radiator support. I still have to do the passenger strut tower and the fire wall though. I put on a new alternator today again and had the battery checked for load. as of right now though everything looks good no issues. Before the alt's were going bad with in 5 minutes but after driving around town for 2 hrs in stop and go traffic with heater on and stereo and lights and driving with a heavy foot this alt is doing great. I have to wonder if the alternators were bad and I finally got a good one. we will see shortly.