HybridZ

TAS 2012!!!

Kali

TOKYO AUTO SALON/SHOW

"TAS"

Generally early in the year with most aftermarket manufacturers represented with all their wares on display.

Okamura just emailed and inquired about my schedule this month, oh to be in Tokyo/Yokohama for the Odaiba Swap Meet on the 29th!

Tonight, Okamura informed me since I was working up until the 13th on this emergency job in Tokyo, that this weekend he would be taking me to TAS on the company's tab for 'entertainment' as he was once again assinged the unenviable task of entertaining the Gaijin while he is in town.

They really have to twist his arm, ever since he found out I'm Kyu-sha-jin his entertainment receipts have been ridiculous! :D

And when this was posted, I was still looking forward to three more days off. Instead the next day I jumped a flight to Tokyo and have been arms-deep in work until just now.

Dude, PM me, we can meet if we are there on the same day! ;)

Yeah going to borrow my friends DSLR for the weekend, definatly going to better than my little point and shoot. So im going to have 3 different cameras on me. My point and shoot, my iPhone, and my friends DSLR.

Oh and Tony I got your PM sent a reply with my email address. As soon as I get to a wifi hot spot I will try to text you. Already looked into the Odaiba Swap Meet, now I gotta figure if im working those days or not.

Edited by Kali

Tony, I was ready my older (last years) issues of Japan Nostalgic Car and saw some pictures of TAS. Very cool. I also was looking at the prices of car like 240ZGs. Personally, I think they're reasonable - especially if you take into consideration what a GNose would cost here.

In the tuner car section the G-Works Magazine had their project S30's on display. Pretty awesome to read a magazine on the way to an event and then see the car "in person" on display.

Actually, as nice as the TAS was, I went with someone to the shop of a guy I met last year at the Odaiba Swap Meet.

For my money, as cool and fascinating it was at TAS (and I WOULD go there again, the conspiracy is in the works already!) I would go back to that shop just to try and learn something from the owner. I saw mor S20's in one place there than I have over 20 years!

There were things he was replicating, or installing on cars that I've only seen in old catalogs and sports option parts lists...

Ever see a Nissan FRP Aerodynamic Undertray that works in conjunction with the G-Nose? Neither did I till I walked up to an orange car at this shop and realised it had on fitted!

If there was ever a time I regretted not taking my Nikon with me... iPhone photos there only. Alas!

Oh, and Rocky Auto had a nice S30 on display with a lower-half paintjob of the Alsa Chrome paint... Wicked!

Edited by Tony D