HybridZ

how much of a difference in time

bthomp

been looking around for maps and what not for me to get in the ball park for a timing map, and almost all maps with a turbo have the l28et head, block, or something with a lower compression ratio. Most of the few guys that stuck a turbo on their l28e, dont have a spark map, or their msq file doesnt exist on the internet anymore and is an empty link... I know this is kind of a broad question and is completely engine dependent, but how much change in timing would you guys do between to "identical" setups, but with the turboed head or something else like it. I know there are a ton of other factors out there that come into play other than compression ratio. Just looking for a rough guess on dumbing down the timing for me to work with.

It depends on the head. You can get away with a little more with the mn47 head as it has a better combustion chamber but for something like the n42 or n47 head with dished pistons I would just get a map from one of the guys running a l28et engine and take 10 deg off the entire map and tune from there. If you are really worried about pinging you should go to a dyno tuner, but the suggestion I gave should get you off in the right direction. I personally am going to run cygnusx1's tables on my n42/n42 turbo motor. I just used it for a first startup on my buddys l28et swap.