HybridZ

Which chassis wires go to reverse light switch???

RebekahsZ

I'm trying to finish up the wiring on this LS swap and I didn't mark wires well enough before removing my L24 last year. Car is a 1972 240z, manual trans.

There are 2 sets of 2 wires on the passenger side of my engine compartment that go back toward the transmission. There are two short red wires with a black stripe and two long green wires.

QUESTIONS: 1) Which of these two sets of wires goes to my reverse lights?

2) What is the other pair of wires for?

The 280z used a green wire for the reverse lights, in case your other source is thinking that way.

I would go newzeds route.... Check continuity or at the very least you could look at the wire color going to the reverse light bulb, it should correspond directly with the wiring for the switch.

Thanks everybody. I am pretty sure that I had the red wires plugged in and just had the green wires wrapped up and not connected. Is the neutral switch an auto trans thing or a manual trans thing? If I remember correctly, I could start my z with the car in neutral or in any gear if the clutch was in. It was great! I hate my modern pickup that requires that I have the clutch in to start the car. I cut the red wires to length (to add a weatherpack connector once engine is out again) and cut the bullet connectors off the green wires and put heat shrink over the cut ends. I'll just tuck the unused green wires inside the loom that will run down the side of the frame rail. Thanks to everybody who came to my aid (like knights of the round table or minute men). I'm gonna let this thread pass on into history for the next guy who finds himself in this position.

Keith