HybridZ

78zstyle's 78 280z

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pulled the l24 outta the 240z and sold it yesterday to a nice man who is piecing together a 240z he's had in his garage for some time, old racing cars with decals and such, real cool.

Went to the junkyard this morning and bought myself a pair of Celica seats, will just barely fit in the 240z, but they are pretty nice, plan on either just covering them or reupholstering them black.

Are those 14x7 mags? Glad to see more progress. Mine fired up and made a trip around the block today

I think? Honestly don't know, it came with them, i'm going to replace them with XXR 002's eventually if you want them. Oh ya? What engine? If I feel froggy, I might do my swap next weekend and convert over to megasquirt n spark. Gotta finish my dads car though, hes switching blocks to a fresh one.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

Just ordered a xenon front air dam, working on installing AC in the new shell as well as working on fabricating mounts for my new seats. Got my dads engine back in the other day. Suspension is on its way from MSA and I am installing that ASAP. Hoping to switch over in a couple weeks, it just depends how long it takes my to install the suspension considering i have never done it. Also I want some new rims :).. I'm thinking 16x7 XXR 002 in hyper silver?

Bought rewinds in 15x7 in silver for 500 shipped with lug nuts. This weekend I replaced the struts and shocks on my 240z with tokico hp's and shocks. All the bushings were in very good condition so I left them alone. Sometimes it helps to bench press over 300 pounds.. comes in handy while putting struts back in the car or wrenching suspension parts...

****, that sucks. If that's the case I'll buy the xenon dam off you instead of the stock valance.

I found a guy to buy it off me for what I paid.. The only downside now is I have to wait another week and a half lol.

Yeah, that was me. I saw your post here and checked craigslist, sent you the text. so you have everything running? My v8 is a 283 from a mild impala, only upgrades are 601 iron heads from a 305, performer intake manifold, edelbrock 500 carb, and some unknown cam. I doubt I'm that far off from your turbo setup power wise, maybe a little more torque, but if so not much. Got the engine for pretty dang cheap so I went with it.

Man its hot and sunny out. Yesterday fixed my front brake lines and bled them. Today I knocked out the rear suspension, tokico HP struts and the red lowering springs. It was actually very easy to do, just dropped right out after disconnecting a few things here and there. Tonight I have to pull the engine from my 280z to put in my 240z, as someone is coming to buy the 280z rolling shell. Things to do:

Put in l28et

Get car insured, title transfered and registered

Put my tires on the new rims (15x7 Rewinds)

Any suggestions on tire size? I'm afraid 205s will be too small.. so I'm thinking of 225s.