HybridZ

78zstyle's 78 280z

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Productive day! Bought all my exhaust studs, ported my intake mouth for the 60mm TB. Got the intake tapped for vacuum and found out why the map sensor wasn't working (it was soldered in backwards :P). Going to have my 14mm fuel rail converted to 11mm, and had the J pipe dropped off to get the IAT bung welded on.. good day.

Looking good. You've been making progress WAY faster than my v8 swap is going. Going to bring it out to cars and coffee soon?

Hoping to have everything ready this week, don't think it will go in till next weekend. Whens the next meet?

Edited by 78zstyle

1st Saturday of every month so not this coming weekend but the next. Held at classic BMW at Dallas tollway and springcreek. There have been a couple of z's showing up, and everything from old bentley's, austin healey 3000's and jag e-types to the new lambo aventador. Almost always a great show. 8am-11 is usually the meat of it.

My dad got the turbo rebuilt with the kit (I didn't offer much help..). We got so frustrated from the amount of rust, we almost considered putting on the CX racing T3/T4.. but we decided against it, that would of been another hurdle to go through. I got the valve cover painted, just need to touch it up. Going to get the box to mount the megasquirt this week, and probably buy a aluminum pipe and filter for my air filter set up.

Got the exhaust manifold on, with turbo and downpipe. Got turbo oil lines on. Valve done. Not going to do the transplant this weekend. Going to spend it making sure we are 100% ready to put it in. Going to have to modify the downpipe a little.. going to have to make a mount for the throttle cable.

Productive day. My dad got the throttle cable mounted with a custom built mount that bolts up to the back of a 240sx TB. Let me know if you want the drawing of it in a PDF.

Also shaved the rear bumper, still need to get a little more off though. Going to tidy up all the loose ends on the engine during the week and drop it in next weekend for sure

post-12955-038375400 1330907730_thumb.jpg

post-12955-089883500 1330907734_thumb.jpg

Engine is almost ready to drop in, need to fab some brackets for the fuel rail. Connect a vacuum tree to feed dizzy, BOV, and gauge's.

Looks 200 mph on the stand anyways. But all in all a good weekend.

Picture of engine.

post-12955-069582000 1330925194_thumb.jpg

Cable conversion bracket.

post-12955-066473000 1330925230_thumb.jpg