HybridZ

Does anyone know if this would work or not?

Guest Anonymous

At the risk of over simplifying this or any swap, I would say any engine that will physically fit in the confines of the Z engine bay, can be made to work. Get some friends with you (that have good mechanical skills) and take a good look at this engine. With enough thought you (they) will undoubtably find a good way to shoehorn just about any engine in your Z. Don't let anyone tell you it won't work without a fight.

Terry

Guest Anonymous

I think that is a 5.8 LTR it has a taller deck height than the 5.0. I do not know how well the 5.0 goes in a Z, but when putting a 5.8 in a mustang the hood won't shut. Then there's the extra height of the blower. Short awnser, yes

Guest Anonymous

I was watching car and driver today, and they were talking about a the ford lightning. Would it be possible to swap that engine in a Z?

Jared

Guest Locutus

Right now, I think Ford will be your only bet, and its going to be expensive as hell. You might get lucky and find one in a wrecked truck, but highly unlikely, and still expensive as hell.

Umm guys - don't do it. The 4.6 is WIDE - as wide as a 460big block. The 5.4 Triton has a taller deck height - can you say wider?! Heavier too and you've got a blower to worry about on top of everything else.

The OLDER Lightnings had 351W in them - more cubes and they all but fall out of trees. In fact I've got a block and crank for one in my garage. Blowers for these are easy to find too. Much better choice IMO but 5.4 Tritons are already showing up secondhand - I know someone who comtemplated putting one in a Cobra but changed his mind and decided to build up the 4.6instead. The 4.6's can make BIG HP but you'll pay for it...