HybridZ

valiant 265

philfree

Hi

I sold my z a while ago because i was forced to but have always wanted another one i planed on the ls1 conversion but i had suggested to me today that i use a 265 valliant motor. With the right modifications they can have some real go while still being a inline 6cyl the only real problem i can think of is that it might be to tall ie wont fit under the bonnet what does everyone think

Seriously? A slant six? The leaning tower of power? You have to be joking. Even if you could find the ultra rare all aluminum version that was in the Feather Duster you would be lucky to get any respectable amount of hp out of it. You could boost it and put a built 906 behind it but by the time you were done the money you would have invested to get 250hpsome tops you could have done something much better. Im all for being unique but a slant six seems like alot of wasted effort to build something mediocre at best.

The slant six motors aren't all that bad, just suffers much if the same fate as the l series in that because of the better options most people don't see the real potential.

There's several slant six guys that say that the 170 can attain 180 HP easily enough, just takes revs. The upside/downside is that the head is virtually the same across the board so the low displacement versions have a good high rpm head while the larger ones get choked at the top.

No matter what it would be a unique swap and have as much potential as a mild l build. I wouldn't do it personally, but many people wouldn't do the things I'd like to do.

Hi yer i thought of the ford 4l dohc turbo they make some realy cool hp their is a gguy over here putting one his 240 with i think the 6 speed auto for those who havent drive the zf 6 speed their awesome but they run into the problem of the motor being quite tall and i don't want the bonet to be modified if i can help it. the reason i thought of the valiant is my mate used to be right into them and has the gear to turn a normal 265 into a upgraded 6 pack and being that the lean over it should be easer to fit under the bonnet and if i use the base 265 their hp is similar to the l motor so getting it road legal should be much easer up here in qld.