HybridZ

Wiring questions from a new Z owner

WoodyZman

Hey everyone I just bought my first Z, a 1976 280z. Im new to the forum and am having some issues finding what im looking for in the forums so I figured id just ask. The wiring on the car works but is sort of jimmy rigged to work. The wiper blades are wired to a toggle switch as well as the electric fan. Im just curious how much it would cost to have someone re-wire the car for me and get rid of all the manually operated toggle switches. The fuel pump is also on a toggle switch and a push button ignition was installed along with a hidden kill switch for anti-theft. The fuel pump and ignition I wouild like to keep the way it is but the fan and wiper blades I would like to be wired properly. Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by WoodyZman

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check them out. I have no clue when it comes to wiring but based on your reply it sounds like one of those things that can have any price tag you can think of. Well, hopefully I can get things fairly back to normal without too much out of my wallet(wishfull thinking).

Download the FSM at xenons30.com, take a look at the wiring diagram and take note (write it down) of what's gone and what's still there. That will give you a good idea of what the car will need. Building wiring harnesses is not difficult, just time consuming.