HybridZ

WTB: Lower Steering Joint (lower steering column) for 1971 240Z

VlaDeMaN

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a lower steering column (its basically the piece that goes from the couple at the firewall exit to the rack, and has a joint on it).

Looking for one with NO slop. mine has too much play. i attached a diagram of what im looking for (see #4) let me know, thanks!!

post-23745-068752400 1329342118_thumb.jpg

Edited by VlaDeMaN

that is definitely not a bad idea, i can totally make that. thanks for the heads up, i might just do that.

And this is another option:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/99247-replace-your-steering-u-joints/page__p__930653__fromsearch__1#entry930653

There are two joints. One in the lower shaft, and one in the upper.

Garrett, thanks for the info & link but I'm a bit unclear on the install. Welding involved? Your pic in the referenced thread shows each [new] end. Just wanted to be sure I know how you installed the new u-joints. Probably simple and I'm just not getting it-sorry for any confusion.

And this is another option:

http://forums.hybrid...__1#entry930653

There are two joints. One in the lower shaft, and one in the upper.

Garrett, thanks for the info & link but I'm a bit unclear on the install. Welding involved? Your pic in the referenced thread shows each [new] end. Just wanted to be sure I know how you installed the new u-joints. Probably simple and I'm just not getting it-sorry for any confusion.

The U joints I bought are direct replacements for the stock u-joints in the steering linkage. Just remove old and replace with new. No modifications. A great option for those that want to go that route instead of welding/modifications of the the other option mentioned in the thread