HybridZ

Diving into Megasquirt 2

jacob80

Good evening all,

I wanted to touch base with all of you regarding Megasquirt 2 and its capabilities, requirements, and this TunerStudio deal I knew nothing about.

Now, I will say, I haven't done tons of research, and it is all very scattered, so I am still working up the courage to culminate information from MSExtra, here, and other various websites. But, in the mean time and between time, I'm going to post a couple questions for you guys here.

First off, as far as installing the Megasquirt 2 daughter board, I've read mixed things about whether there are wiring requirements. Is it just a plug and play application, or do I need to wire a +12V source for this stepper motor controller? What have you guys done in the past? Before I get too far, I will say that this is a V3.0 board that was previously utilizing the BIP373 ignition module.

Also, I'm reading that I can no longer use MegaTune and that I must switch to TunerStudio if I want to run MSExtra for Megasquirt 2? Is this true? I'm not opposed to it, as long as it is just as intuitive, but it is definitely something I am not used to.

Thanks for your help boys.

You do have to put a jumper wire for 12 volts to power the stepper motor controller. If you are not using a stepper motor for idle control then you don't have to do that.

Everyone should be using tuner studio at this point even though it is different and causes a learning curve. It is a much better tuning program. Megatune is no longer supported or updated.