HybridZ

Nissan Comp Header ID *pics*

brianZortiz

• 3 weeks later...

I had that header on my 240Z.

Well used, I would pay only $25 max.

Mine was chrome. I sold it for $60 with the collector pipe.

Quality was poor but I think it was a very early version.

The 2 to 1 collector always leaked.

The new ones sold like that from MSA look very good.

• 5 weeks later...

We can be header buddies. Wall art.

200470_10150226763648136_655853135_9277224_508796_n.jpg

What header is the silver coated one? It looks similar to the one on my 240Z which has a bunch of Nissan Motorsports and Nissan Comp stuff on it from 1973. I'm just not sure if the header was done at the same time as the rest of the performance mods.

Thanks!

post-6495-091197800 1335724603_thumb.jpg

I'm on my phone but I can't really tell what header that is. Obvious differences between yours and mine is that mine has air injection crap on it, and the number 6 pipe on mine is much shorter than my number one pipe. Yours appear to be equal for the most part. What do your collectors look like, are they two distinct merges or are they the popular two pipe three bolt flange?

Sorry I'm of no help. Maybe someone else can home in. I don't keep track of header names or brands, I just know which ones have the dimensions that I want. Lol

I'm on my phone but I can't really tell what header that is. Obvious differences between yours and mine is that mine has air injection crap on it, and the number 6 pipe on mine is much shorter than my number one pipe. Yours appear to be equal for the most part. What do your collectors look like, are they two distinct merges or are they the popular two pipe three bolt flange?

Sorry I'm of no help. Maybe someone else can home in. I don't keep track of header names or brands, I just know which ones have the dimensions that I want. Lol

They are the three to two but they don't have flanges - they are tied together with stainless muffler band clamps

Now that I have a better view, I don't THINK they look like anything special.

This is the typical one I'm use to seeing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEADER-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-/320894382828?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab6cbb2ec&vxp=mtr

You can tell your #6 tube is angled a little differently probably to get that extra length to make them equal. I don't know... I guess I would just make sure they're equal length, and measure the outside diameter and the gauge of the tubing so you can get an inside diameter size. If its what you want, I suppose a name/brand doesn't really matter, right?