HybridZ

280z rear strut housing

75280z

My spindle pin is stuck and I cannot get it out. No machine shop is willing to press it. I am looking for some one parting out a car to sell me the rear strut housing with the spindle pin removed. I don't need the brake drum, spring or strut, but if you don't want to remove the brake backing stuff I will take that too. Any help would be appreciated I am located in Denver Co.

Since you're about to junk it you might as well heat the crap out of it while pressing. The power of heat on loosening tight metal is generally underestimated. Use a MAAP torch. You'll probably toast your bushings, but those can be replaced.

If you've been beating it with a hammer, be aware that the rubber bushing can pull back the gains made with the hammer if the pin is stuck in the bushing, not the housing. Cooking the bushing on purpose will help with that.

I think I've got the strut housing assy you're wanting. I'll have to check in the garage when I get home tonite to make sure I haven't tossed it. Although it's a shame you can't get the spindle pin out :(

This is for a 280Z correct? And is it driver or passenger side?

It is passengers side. I am talking to a local guy who thinks he might be able to get it out, but if you could check that would make it where I at least have an option if he can't. I am keeping the part no matter what I will slowly drill it out in the future when I get much better tools. I won't throw something like that away with out much more of a fight.