HybridZ

Transmission shakes when in gear

lilforzy

Hey everyone, I have been searching up and down this site looking for the problem and its answer and i just cant find it anywhere. Dont know if i am looking for the same thing but saying it differently but here it is.

I put in a centerforce dual friction clutch little over a month ago because the old disc was thought to be going, I got the clutch for a steal too. Car drove great for 2 or 3 weeks then problems rose again. Car was having tons of difficulty going into gear driving,cold and warm. Mainly first and reverse. Reverse started grinding. Two weeks ago, i had no gears when car was on but gears with it off. Replaced all hydraulic system, new MC, SC, and hose, changed old pushrod into new mc, adjusted the pedal all the good stuff. Clutch works now, but not as good as it was before. Today i started it up, drove for 5 or 10 minutes and the entire transmission is shaking when any gear is engaged. When out of gear, no problems. idles good, runs smooth, but in gear its very noticible. When i changed the clutch the throwout bearing was fine, spun freely, i repacked the grease in it. And i cant find this shaking issue. The car is a 5 speed from 78. Orig motor, orig trans, orig all. Any feed back would be great.

Does it shake when your cruising or when you are taking off?

Did you change the old pressure plate too or leave it in?

edit: how are transmission mount/diff mount bushings?

It shakes but its hard to tell how much during cruise. Yes i did change the pressure plate to the corresponding one for the disc. And I recently changed the trans mount bushings, have not touch the rear end bushings yet, all ES urethane bushings.