HybridZ

first world z problems....ugh

so yesterday was probably not a great day for the z i decided to mess my brake master so i took it off then me and a co worker cleaned it off, then when i got off work and i was driving home the brakes locked up on me. luckily i was on a side street so i could just pull off the road. On a side not anyone have any ideas why that wouldve happened? i cleaned it bled it and bled all the calipers and when i test drove it it seemed fine? then i got pissed at the car and smart ass me decided to slam the driver door halfway open which caused it to break and when i looked in it, it seems that one of the rollers broke and that is what caused it to shatter? and now she is sitting at my shop

If you were driving along and the brakes were getting more and more locked up, then you don't have any free space between the master and the pedal, or the adjustment between the booster and the master is wrong. If the master cannot retract all the way, then it can't let pressure out of the braking system. So you start out and your brakes are cold. Start using them and the fluid warms up and expands and causes the brakes to drag. The more you drive the hotter it gets and the more the brakes drag, until you're stopped on the side of the road with brakes smoking.

There has to be enough slack in the system to allow the piston in the master cylinder to move all the way back to let fluid vent to the reservoir. You've got a linkage rod too long somewhere. Maybe the little rod between the M/C and the booster (it is adjustable)? In mine, I had changed the linkage rod to a different brand and the measurements were different.