HybridZ

Where do I put the vicegrips to stop the fuel flow while I disconnect everything??

MazerRackham

So, using that scan as a reference, where do I put the clampies? I took my fuel injectors out to be rebuilt and serviced yesterday and today the front yard smells like gasoline. I think I need clampies before my fuel tank is gone and my neighbors get angry. Thanks guys!!

I may scan my entire Clymers's Datsun manual 4 u <3

I think I am going to start another thread for this separate problem, but after a day of sitting my car will need to have the fuel pump "primed" by me pressing the potentiometer on the airflow sensor forward. After that I get in the car, start it and she runs fine. Is this indicative of a cold start injector failing or something??

post-27086-043780600 1331289197_thumb.jpg

Edited by MazerRackham

Discharge Check Valve on the pump. You can buy the replacement there is a part number (maybe Volvo...someone posted it) or add an aftermarket one-way valve. Chances are good it's not 'bleeding down' on the front end.

The usual culprit on the front end is an FPR seat. With application of the clamps and gauges in various positions, you can isolate where your loss is occurring pretty easily. It's also been posted previously. "Walk the circuit" with gauges in place.

Clamp before fuel filter and at 8 and see what happens to the pressure in the rail overnight. If it stays there, chances are the pump check valve is a leaker.

If its bled down, then since the FPR return is closed then it's an injector leak of some sort.

Discharge Check Valve on the pump. You can buy the replacement there is a part number (maybe Volvo...someone posted it) or add an aftermarket one-way valve. Chances are good it's not 'bleeding down' on the front end.

The usual culprit on the front end is an FPR seat. With application of the clamps and gauges in various positions, you can isolate where your loss is occurring pretty easily. It's also been posted previously. "Walk the circuit" with gauges in place.

Clamp before fuel filter and at 8 and see what happens to the pressure in the rail overnight. If it stays there, chances are the pump check valve is a leaker.

If its bled down, then since the FPR return is closed then it's an injector leak of some sort.

So, ideally, I would see that the pressure has gone up since placing a clamp on 8 if nothing were wrong?

I don't know what scenario would make it "go up" unless your reference was zero.

You clamp it while running, and it will go up to fuel pump internal bypass pressure (about 60) which is why I said place the clamps immediately at time of shutoff. You will lock what pressure is in the lines and prevent it from either bleeding backwards through the pump, or from the FPR depending on where you place the VG.

Don't overthink it, do the test and see what happens. Observe and report. It will come to you as you do it. We can talk all day and some people wont get it. The put the first clamp on and it goes 'flick the switch' OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!