HybridZ

While my fuel injectors are out being serviced...

I have a friend named Lucas who is willing to let me use his Lincoln welder to fix the floorpans on my car. The floorpan on the passengers side, nearest the wheel is completely gone. The floor pan on the drivers side is great, but near the rear wheel it is starting to deteriorate. I want to kill the rust, but I think killing the rust in one fell swoop would be easiest. I don't have enough money for a harbor freight media blaster, and I don't want to send it to get bead blasted.. (600 bucks for chassis to be bead blasted or 100 bucks to do it myself....)<br><br> Currently, the heater works but it doesn't shoot heat at my face, only my feet and the windows. A friend of mine who has been helping me fix my car said that it is the blend-door?? Finally I want to remove the current throttle linkage and go with a Lokar straight from the throttle body to the pedal. No mechanical hinges or stuff involved whatsoever. There are some other small things that need to be fixed such as the starter motor needing to be grounded properly to work. Do you think that the ground included in the OEM starter motor just happened to die right when I bought the car? Story goes i buy the car. Runs like a champ until I get to my girlfriends house to drop her off. It wont start. Good guy greg neighbor goes at the wiring harness with a multimeter and says that the starter motor isn't properly grounded. Can I do wiring repairs without fuel lines being 100% re-assembled?

Edited by MazerRackham

Separate your questions with spaces for easier reading.

Like this.

1)Getting into welding will require a lot of down time especially since you are probably beginning to learn to weld. You can completely strip a car with a hand drill and a wire wheel and sanding pads. Its just really slow.

2)Me heater does the same thing, I don't care since it only takes like 5 min before I'm completely warm anyway. Ripping your dash out to fix it is again going to be a lot of down time( I would say a few days of on and off work unless you have nothing else to do) because while its our you may want to consider other things like putting on a dash cover, autometer gauges etc.

3)To get rid of the mechanical linkage, the most common way is people using the 240sx throttle body with a cable.

4)Yes you can do wiring repairs at any time. I think you just didn't ground it right.