HybridZ

Early 280zx vs Late 280zx Rear disk conversion

How are you doing guys. This post is just to see if anybody knows what the difference is in the EARLY vs the LATE 280zx rear disk brake conversion

I got the set up from my donor 83 280zxT calipers and mounts etc etc. and i just recently purchased on hybridz from some member the EARLY maxima rear brackets to hold down the calipers and the holes for the braket and the caliper bracket do NOT line up... the early maxima bracket was far shorter than the mount where the caliper mount bolts on to. NO BUENO!....

so this brings me to my reason for post. WHICH OF THE TWO SET UPS is better. EARLY or LATE and why ?

just curious as to know what to get rid of, the early maxima bracket, or the 83ZXT brake set up.

photo.jpg

post-2009-069712900 1332885518_thumb.jpg

post-2009-096883100 1332885527_thumb.jpg

Edited by superduner

The early version has a deeper hat on the rotor and has a huge, heavy caliper with smaller pads. If my choices were limited to the two, I'd go with the later version, but really both of them are too small for most of the common front brake upgrades.

I actually had the ZQuip brackets and the early setup just like was in the first edition of Z Car Magazine way back when. It worked really well with stock front calipers, but when I went to Toyota calipers I could never get enough rear braking.

The early version has a deeper hat on the rotor and has a huge, heavy caliper with smaller pads. If my choices were limited to the two, I'd go with the later version, but really both of them are too small for most of the common front brake upgrades.

I actually had the ZQuip brackets and the early setup just like was in the first edition of Z Car Magazine way back when. It worked really well with stock front calipers, but when I went to Toyota calipers I could never get enough rear braking.

im happy you mentioned that Mortensen cause i am planning on doing the 4x4 truck convo.. and i AM somewhat thinking of getting this car sideways from time to time..... Your thoughts?