HybridZ

New MS2 install. Runs but poorly. Settings help please.

macambra

So, I finally managed to get my MS2 running again. I had it running a month ago and it ran pretty well. Then I had had some technical issues that I ended up finnally resolving. In the process of diagnosing the problems I replaced the factory injectors. Now I have it running and it runs like crap. I could use a little help with the settings. The list below has a running list of things I have done, some relevant some not. Please let me know what info or screen shots you would like. I followed the megamanual to perform the initial settings.

Edit: Trigger wheel is set for 355 degrees per another user's posts. It seems to run at about 20 degrees BTDC at aprox. 1000 RPM (idle).

my 280zxt PDF.pdf

Edited by macambra

I know what you mean man. Just installed my setup on the new turbo motor and it ran great the first drive, now it runs like piss and misses up high. Im still trying to figure out how to disable all the enrichments so I can tune. My crank angle is set at 360 and it likes to hang out around 700 at idle.

I was thinking about my running issues last night(my brain won't shut off when I have a puzzle), and I think I'm going to remove the FPR and install the stock one back on. I think the fuel pulse from the factory pump might be causing issues. I had to remove the damper a while back, because it started leaking. The factory FPR seems a little more forgiving than the adjustable.

I'll post my MSQ and log files next time I get a chance to run it.

Thanks!!

Something you might check if it is running poorly due to lean misfire is the fuel filters. You should have a pre fileter and a regular fuel filter. I dont know how long your car has been sitting but mine has been sitting since 2004 with 3 gallons in the tank. I had an itch to check mine after mine started running like crap and low and behold my filters were full of jelly. I couldnt even see the filter on the fram g3 unit. just a thought.

Something you might check if it is running poorly due to lean misfire is the fuel filters. You should have a pre fileter and a regular fuel filter. I dont know how long your car has been sitting but mine has been sitting since 2004 with 3 gallons in the tank. I had an itch to check mine after mine started running like crap and low and behold my filters were full of jelly. I couldnt even see the filter on the fram g3 unit. just a thought.

Replaced filter with a Z32 filter. It's not running lean, its running really rich.

Could you post a copy of your MSQ and a data log of it running? This is a bit easier to analyze.

I got it running pretty well, now. I could use some pointers, though. I'm still new at this and learning. My Z runs and drives but I can feel that it's still held back by something, and I think I need to turn down the boost. I only logged for a around 15 seconds. My idle hunts around a bit, maybe due to the cam profile.

For some reason I can't post the files. I'll PM you with them.

Edited by macambra

They do now. It was changed a few years ago as a cost cutting measure. I used to work in the auto industry. Nissan still lists it separately. Well, they did when I was working there 10 years ago. The oil filter is listed differently also by Nissan, but you can use a WIX 51515 (standard Ford FL-1-A). Some books like Fram's list them as the same.