HybridZ

JSK Fuel Rail

Adam87

Does anyone know what size AN Fitting the ends on a barbed JSK Fuel rail are. I tried measuring the thread opening, couldn't quite tell exactly as all I had to measure with is a tape measure. It looked between 5/8" & 3/4" which according to wiki is -10an or -12an. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN_thread#cite_note-0. I have searched online and on the forums and haven't been able to find anything. I am going with a -6an setup so I'll need an AN reducer at the rail. Unfortunately I don't know of any shops/stores around here that sell AN fittings so I can't go test one out and get what I need. Though I did find a site with cheaper prices than earl - http://www.allpurposepipes.com

This Fitting (Not my car)

post-11564-025604100 1333389970_thumb.jpg

It could also be in SAE or metric. The fuel rail cockerstar made for me had 1/2 openings and I ended up going with AN fittings. I used a 1/2 to -8 AN fitting

hmm. We'll that gives me more to think about. I guess my best bet is going to be to get a proper measuring tool. The barbed fitting(brass) all look to be NPT as is the Port the pressure gauge is install in. I got it used off ebay btw, thats why I'm unsure of the threading.

I'd imagine the threaded potion in the rail is a NPT size.

Most likely 3/8" NPT.

That would be a good guess. When I measure across the threaded opening it looks like 3/4". Guess I'll get a couple cheap NPT fittings from Lowes and test then order an NPT to AN adapter.

Most likely 3/8" NPT.

After looking at an NPT size chart that looks like its it.

size| diameter | TPI | Pitch

----------------------------------------------

3â„8 | 0.675 in | 18 | 0.05556 in (1.41122 mm)

0.675 in - which is why I couldn't tell exactly 5/8" or 3/4" diameter, its right in between.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check it out tonight after work and see for sure.

Edited by Adam87