HybridZ

Here's a Ford motor that'd make for a fun swap...

QWKDTSN

Guest Anonymous

WOW! icon_eek.gif I think i'm in love. that turbo is friggin huge. how many ponies is that thing puttin to the ground?...well there's one more thing on my christmas wish list that has no hope of getting delivered under my tree, i think i'll g o get a towel to mop up my drool off the keyboard icon_biggrin.gif .

Guest Anonymous

That turbo is friggin' huge man! You have to be careful with that thing or you'll suck in a squirell from 10 feet away goin down the track!

I aint as much of a ford guy as I was as a youngin', but that thing on my tractor would be some mean competition at the pullin races! icon_biggrin.gif

Well then, now that my keyboard has shorted out, off to work....

Kris

It's at least 2000 HP, I'm sure..

Somehow a turbo that size doesn't seem feasible to me.. Just look at the size of the exhaust downpipe, it's like 6" or so. How can you get enough exhaust velocity to spool a turbo that size up and make enough power? Sure, flow is good, but don't turbos rely on the venturi effect to get the gases sped up and into the turbine? I was thinking about this a bit last night. What do you guys think?

I dropped by Schneider Racing Cams today just as they were closing and was flipping through one of the magazines. I stumbled across an article on this car. Unfortunately, they were just closing, so I didn't really get to read it or check out the specs. Awesome car tho. If I can I'll borrow that issue for a day.