HybridZ

T3 RCA's with 14s

I wouldn't think they'd work with 14's... But MSA makes some that supposedly work with 14's. You may need to file down the tie rod end on the offending corner to get it to clear the rim though. As far as I know, that is the place where the rim gets hit. You could always just relocate the inner LCA pivot and get rid of bumpsteer that way, as many guru's such as John C from beta motorsports would suggest. I say try the MSA ones.

Haha sounds like you're good to go. The only other problem I can see is the bottom of the balljoint hitting. My balljoints have zerk fittings on the bottom, I'm a little concerned that they'll hit my wheels. Idk if an s130 is different, but you may be able to remove the zerk and put a bolt/plug in there instead should that hit the wheel. If it's really bad, you might have to shim up the balljoint if possible (by grinding/filing the mounting tabs down a bit), or you might be able to grind the bottom of the balljoint a bit. I don't think it will be a problem, but you never know! I say buy the rca's and give it a try. Or you could make a really primitive RCA out of wood or something and just test fit it in there and see if everything clears, wouldn't be a bad idea. Haha it's kinda funny talking to you on here, you're the one who got me into Z cars and you're the reason I bought an s30 (I have the same screename on slamburglars and you replied to my topic when I said I wanted a car from the 70's) Haha people on there were mainly assholes and said I'd never do it so I stopped going over there. But anyways thanks for introducing me to the amazing world of datsun's lol.

Edited by luseboy

haha nice bro, yeah guys on SB can be a bit abraisive at times, but they know what's cool. You gotta admit that lol

anyways, confirmed that they WILL NOT fit stock wheels without spacers (again, I have modded knuckles so I can't say for sure how much of a spacer you would need) but it seems I would need about 3.5" backspacing to get them to clear

Haha ya idk I guess the problem for me is I don't like slamming my cars super far and I'm fine with running replica wheels, so I don't fit in with the crowd super well haha.

Don't you have those american racing wheels? Do they fit them? If they won't work, maybe look into relocating the inner pivot of the LCA. It's pretty easy to do on an s30, dunno how much different it is on an s130. Or try and make clearance somehow.

no I don't have heavy American Racing wheels lol they clear those just fine, but I' picked up a set of 14s I'm going to rebarrel and they hit just barely. might have to upgrade to a power rack and upgrade to aftermarket outers (have a little more clearance I think than regular tie-rods) before I put them on...

Lol well you had those solid aluminum ones last time I was on SB. Nice, sounds like if they hit just barely you should be able to make it fit. Maybe filing down the steering knuckle where it mounts to the tie rod end and putting the same thickness of washers on top in conjunction with filling down the offending corner of the tie rod end will do the trick. It's worth a shot anyways. You could always piece together a rod-end tie rod end from mcmaster carr parts. If my tie rod ends hit or if I don't have enough adjustment out of the stock ends, I will be doing that lol.

I have Techno Toy Tuning RCA's on a 79 ZX. Tokico Blues and Tokico springs. Stock/factory American racing snowflake wheels and my ball joints have zerk fittings. The zerk fittings have rubbed off! Lol I am buying another new pair that are sealed. Then it'll JUST clear.