HybridZ

l28 rebuild time

I have not taken it to a shop yet as im still in the process of saving money for it, however id like to have a rough estimate of hours of labor involved that nissan says it takes so i can figure out the labor charges for the rebuild and begin saving.

The rebuild would conists of all the parts in the master rebuilb kit on this site http://www.rpmrons.com/Nissankits.html (at the top of the page it explains what it consists of).

In your opinions what is a fair price to pay for a rebuild if i provide the kit.

Completely depends on the shop. Normally they have set rates for certain thing ($100 to tank it, $80 to deck etc...)

Time also depends a lot on the shop and how busy they are. I dropped my block off in April, paid $100 every week for like 3 months and they still hadn't finished. I got it back in late August becasue I was telling them I was about to go to college and needed it back unless they wanted it taking up space. During those early summer months they got a lot of work for drag engines and people paying a lot of $$$. I had it done at Burbank Speed and Machine in Burbank CA.

Total cost me close to $3000, that was with the cost of new forged pistons($700), Exedy clutch ($300), and Fidanza Flywheel($300) plus new bearings/seals/gaskets. So you can see parts were probably half my cost. Machining the other half.

Edit:

On another occasion I had an L28 block refreshed through sunrise Z in Glendale CA and it cost about $1300. Dropped it with them and they did the outsourced the machine work, then assembled it at their shop.

Edited by BluDestiny

For my l28et, cost me about 250 to get the block honed, cleaned and a 3 angle valve job and cleaning on head... New gaskets, rings etc cost another 350. To put it back together was easy.

Edit: Forgot, I bought a new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate that ran me another few hundo.

Edited by 78zstyle