HybridZ

Do I need resistors for my injectors

98cobra+75280z

I just finished installing some 440cc injectors, i believe they are high impedance but am not totally sure. I measured them with an ohm meter and they are all around 9 to 10 ohms. This is much higher then 2-3 for low impedance but i keep reading that high Z will be around 12 ohms. My biggest question is do I need to reinstall my resistor pack or should these injectors be ok. Also is there any way the new injectors could be causing resets to occur. I drove my car back to school today ( around a 2.5 to 3 hour drive) and the car drove great the hole way until the last leg of the trip. Then the car started bucking every once and a while, like the feeling the car has when i burn something to the computer while driving. I opened up the MS and nothing seemed to be hot or smell burnt.

BTW the car is a 77 with an 82 l28et running MS1 v2.2 and a HEI 4

Thanks for your help.

According to their website, they are high impedance. So you could reinstall the pack, or change the setting in MS. But as I'm sure other people will say, even if you reinstall the resistors, you will prob still have to play around with your setting anyways. As far as resets, your going to have to wait for someone else to answer that. Good luck though. I'm away at school about 2 1/2 hrs and am having problems as well. Funny how nothing is wrong when you have all your tools around, but as soon as you leave everything goes wrong that could.

Yes you need to change your settings for the High impedence injectors, then you may have to calculate required fuel again and your VE Table. If the injectors are the same size as your old ones and you just changed from low impedence, to High impedence, You might be ok.