HybridZ

Extend Quarter Windows

Okay, All that aside. If you really want to extend that rear quarter, perhaps you could cut and fab in a set of windows from a 2+2 into your S30. The windows as you can see in Challenger's pict above, is roughly 2 inches longer, and already follows the body lines. If you cut and tacked them in, you might get a look similar to what you're seeing in the design review. You'll also have windows that actually open back there, which is really nice if your care is still sucking in exhaust fumes from the hatch area. It definitely helps the airflow with the windows down too.

Now the actual process for swapping these windows would need to be studied, since I don't know how similar the "b" pillar area below the window is between the two models. For the donor, I'd cut at least 3-5 inches of metal around each window to give you room to work and meld the two bodies.

Modding in a ZX Window might work too, but structurally the two are going to be different. I don't know how much you can cut without losing body rigidity.

Other possibilities are perhaps Modding an RX7 or RX8 rear quarter on to a S30. It might look pretty funky, but with a good plan and real body expertise you might make something really unique. If you haven't done any bodywork, I'm not certain you should choose this as your first project.

Phar