HybridZ

Will this work for an oil feed line?

I know I'm being super anal retentive planning a setup like this, but I would like to get everyone’s opinion beforehand anyhow... :rolleyes: If you think you know a better way, then post it up!

The car is a 75' 280z with an L28 (N42 Block / P90 Head) + Holset HX35.

To start off, I hate the usual 'stacked' fitting mess that most people use to run their oil supply and pressure sender. That said, the whole reason for going this route is cleanliness. I plan on shaving just about everything but the bare necessities from the engine bay, and anything that has to stay will get simplified or reduced as much as possible. In this case, I plan on moving the gauge sender behind the block. Every fitting here is anodized black, the hose is black and the lines will get tucked up next to the block as much as is possible. Also, I do not plan on running a restrictor as my research has led me to believe it is not necessary with this application.

So here is the plan...

1.) Tap the block's gauge port for 1/8" NPT. (If anyone knows where I can get a BSPT to AN 45° adapter that would be better!)

2.) Use a 45° NPT to AN Adapter, and -4 AN hose to wrap around behind the block.

3.) Behind the block, mount a Male/Male inline gauge port for the pressure gauge (AutoMeter electrical)

4.) Continue to the other side of the block and connect to turbo

5.) Marvel at the lack of visible fittings, and cry about the cost of all the purdy black fittings!

One concern is #3… Will I still get a relatively accurate reading after all the hose?

Edited by LanceVance

Here is the component list (including part numbers) laid out in order from block to turbo:

Block Adapter

105121 - JEGS (1/8" NPT to -4AN 45° fitting male/male) *requires 1/8" NPT tap on block*

Adapter to Hose

799-610085 - Russell (45° -4 AN female hose end)

Hose

632013 - Russell Proclassic Black hose

Hose to adapter

799-610015 - Russell (Straight -4 AN female hose end)

Male/Male In-Line Pressure Gauge Adapter

110531 - JEGS (-4AN Pressure Gauge Union fitting)

AutoMeter 2242 Oil Pressure sender

Adapter to hose

Hose

632013 - Russell Proclassic Black hose

Hose to adapter

Hose to Turbo Adapter

871204 - XRP (12mm X 1.5 to -4AN adapter)