HybridZ

280zxt pressure plate bolts

madkaw

I have a 280zxt flywheel and PP set-up on my L24. All was good until the last time I did a rear main seal change. At that time I had the flywheel modded for a hall effect sensor and had the flywheel rebalanced.

After putting the car back together, it seemed that I had more vibration than usual. I blamed this on a possible bad balance job on the flywheel. Well since I had to pull the motor again because I didn't fix the rear main seal(this time it's getting speedi sleeve), I looked over things carefully.

I noticed that of the 9 bolts holding the PP, 3 of them were shorter, by maybe 1/8" or so. So I guess I mixed up some hardware when reinstalling? I am pretty sure these should all be the same just for the reason of balance.

What do you guys think;would 3 odd bolts actually be felt as an imbalance?

I've scrounged around my hundreds of bolts and can't seem to come up with the other 3. Anyone run into having to replace these bolts and can tell me where they might have gotten them locally?