HybridZ

250 GTO Light Covers

Hi Z owners. My name is Mark Clapp. I'm an individual and I've been making plexiglass parts such as light covers and windows for over eight years now. I supply several kit makers like Race Car Replicas and restoration shops. I make the headlight covers for the Z car based 250 GTO replicas and many others. The plastic I use use is shatter proof and will not crack. I made a pair for my friend Roger Ralphs and he urged me to post about them here. He is sending me pictures of the covers on his car and I will post them. I'm asking $80/pair. Feel free to call me anytime at: 816-286-6982 to talk about your car and the light covers. My email address is: mclapp5526(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Edited by Mark Clapp

Hi rnye and Gothalosism, I've studied dozens of pictures of 240/260/280 Z cars with the G nose. I think I have a form that will fit, possibly with a little trimming. Would one of you be willing to try a light cover piece to help me alter my patterns for a good fit? I could also include L-braces made from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with. From a short distance, the braces would disappear and the covers would look like they are floating on the car. I've attached a couple of pictures of some of my covers fitted to a different type car to show what I mean. Please email or call me if you're interested. I'd make you a free set for helping me make these available to G-nose owners.

post-181-052781400 1337971965_thumb.jpg post-181-069201200 1337971972_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Resized Images

Hi rnye and Gothalosism, I've studied dozens of pictures of 240/260/280 Z cars with the G nose. I think I have a form that will fit, possibly with a little trimming. Would one of you be willing to try a light cover piece to help me alter my patterns for a good fit? I could also include L-braces made from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with. From a short distance, the braces would disappear and the covers would look like they are floating on the car. I've attached a couple of pictures of some of my covers fitted to a different type car to show what I mean. Please email or call me if you're interested. I'd make you a free set for helping me make these available to G-nose owners.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Mark, to be period correct on the extended nose ZG cars.....the headlight covers come with a formed metal surround trim to hold the lenses in position. I'd imagine the best way to go about this would have an original full set in your hands to make your bucks. It may be up to someone else to make the replica metal trim rings if you are unable to.

Hi Vintage TechZ, I'm mostly a plastic guy and feel confident about doing the covers, but not sure about the trim ring. If the they are not available, a door-edging material could be used for the chrome surround if a guy wanted to keep that look. Just an idea anyway. All my plexi pieces are very reasonable and satisfaction guaranteed.

Mark Clapp

Edited by Mark Clapp

Hi RB26, I generically use the term "plexi" but the plastic I use is between acrylic (Plexiglass) and Lexan. As you know acrylic is very brittle and lexan is very easily scratched. This plastic can't be cracked and is more scratch resistant than even hard-coated lexan. The best part is that it is 1/4 the price of lexan, which is how I can offer the pieces at very reasonable prices. Also you do not need special drill bits like for acrylic, any old bit will cut fine with no cracking. As I mentioned, I've been making parts for over eight years and have never been asked for a replacement piece. I started by making light covers for my GT40 replica and have attached a picture to show the terrific luster and clarity of the plastic.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

post-29241-081790600 1337974267_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Mark,

Have you done a set of clear lenses to mate up to the Tom McBurnie (ThunderRanch) 250 GTO kit? I am VERY interested in a pair! Thanks. I've attached a photo of the front end for reference. -Rod

post-2807-088432400 1345418305_thumb.jpg

1974 260Z

Thunder Ranch 250 GTO kit

350 SBC V8 w/ T5 Trans

R200 Rearend w/ 300z CV joints

Hi Rod, I'd be glad to make you a pair for your 250 GTO. I'm asking $80/pair and $20 should cover the shipping. Please call me at: 816-286-6982 or email me at mclapp5526@gmail.com which is also my Paypal address if that works for you. I will attach pictures of my covers on a nice 250 later.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

post-29241-054380400 1345501138_thumb.jpg

post-29241-053771400 1345501150_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Clapp