HybridZ

Start then stop

MaTTSuN

Sold my winter car so its time to dust the Z off

When i turn the key it fires but dies right away. No matter what i do with the throttle it will not run.

At first i had a burnt injector fuse and it would run on 3 cylinders, but when i put a new fuse in it would fire and die right away.

It was doing this to me before when i had it on the road but goes away after trying to start for a while. Now it just wont run :-(

Any ideas?

I have MS2 running fuel and ignition on a stock 81 turbo motor with larger injectors. It also has the 81 CAS not the later style dizzy one

Ill Look into those settings, thanks guys.

I know its not the ignition switch because i can get it to run on 3 cylinders when i take one of the injector fuses

I have next week off so hopefully get it back on the road :-) getting excited about the old girl again after a long winter sleep

ok so i charged the battery up. and started playing with settings.

I changed fuel settings, timing settings and just about everything i could think of. One at a time of course.

No matter what i did the best result i could get was the same, engine fires but will not idle and i can not use the throttle to do anything. It just dies...

could it be a wiring problem? i re wired the relay board but it looks ok. what wires would do this if they were wrong?

Matt

ok so i charged the battery up. and started playing with settings.

I changed fuel settings, timing settings and just about everything i could think of. One at a time of course.

No matter what i did the best result i could get was the same, engine fires but will not idle and i can not use the throttle to do anything. It just dies...

could it be a wiring problem? i re wired the relay board but it looks ok. what wires would do this if they were wrong?

Matt

I found the problem... problems. - It the wire coming from the coil to the MS it must have been wanting to let go for a while, finally did and i found it.

-The Other was the switch 12v 4ohm resisted wire to the MS it also broke

She is running strong now, This might be a sign to rewire the MS again, since its been 5ish years and ive learned allot since then.

Its also a good time to re route the wires to help clean up the engine bay :-)

Thanks for your help Hybridz......now to pass aircare "smog check" Last time i failed, maybe it was due in part to these loose connections not giving enough spark...

Matt

Just wondering, did you end up doing the 81 cas grounded down with a hall effect?

Havent yet,

I want to get everything running perfect before i change anything. But i really want to do it to get it to start better.

Once started its been fine but getting it started is not cool most of the time :-)

Ill been ordering the parts soon :-)