HybridZ

How do I wire my steering wheel horn??

I know my horn is good because whenever I ground the horn cable it works. Problem is it is just hanging loosely on the side and I do not see any contacts for it that "work" after I press down on the horn cushion? Is my best bet just buying an aftermarket steering wheel rather than trying to fix my current one? Can one of you guys PLEASE post a picture of how it is wired?? I would really appreciate that. =]]

On a side note I want to install this DIN receiver for my head unit,

http://www.jcwhitney.com/universal-marine-in-dash-radio-installation-kit/p2029696.jcwx?filterid=c615d1661u0j1

Would you guys buy this, or is there a cheaper less destructive alternative?

Edited by MazerRackham

Better be writing that door lock write up, jk.

The horn works by two contact points. There should be a little tab behind the steering wheel that is in contact with a brass colored ring. The tab is attached to the back of the steering wheel, so that it is always in contact no matter how the wheel is turned. On the front of the steering wheel there is a wire that is screwed onto a ring with a spring in between the horn pad and the face of the wheel. When you depress the horn pad, you cause the spring to compress and the plate with the wire and another plate connect, completing the circuit. I'll have to go see if I still have the stock mechanism to take pics. I know that the tab on the back of my steering wheel had corroded and broken off, so I had to rebend the tab to reestablish contact.