HybridZ

Calling all 260Z RB25 completed swap vehicle owners

rayaapp2

First off, let me say that I hope this does not offend anyone as this is definitely not tech!

This happens to be the most appropriate place I can think off to reach the audience I need to reach. Please consider helping a fellow Z enthusiast out, possibly by spreading the word?

I am battling insurance as some here know. I have tallied up my receipts and handed them into insurance(way over my initial estimate of $20,000). My BIGGEST problem now is what is available on the market for sale that an assessment company will use to compare my vehicle to.

Being a 1974 Datsun 260Z there just isnt very much out there and what is for sale is not even in the ball park. They are comparing stock 260Z's with values under $10,000(in most cases less than several thousand) to mine. They are not totaling my car out, but they have put a cap on their settlement amount based on UN-comparable cars. They are doing everything they can to pay as little without totaling the car out and paying me in full! At this point they are not able to offer an amount that I know will actually cover the repair costs or fund a new build even with the old car as parts.

What I need are similar vehicles for sale at similar values for their comparison. IF anyone knows of an add for a similar vehicle or is willing to place an add for a similar vehicle (obviously Im not asking anyone to sell their vehicle but list it for whatever they feel is reasonable for show) please forward the add address to me so I can send it to the assessment company and insurance company I am dealing with.

I have a bunch of help from misc attorney friends, the DOI of California, and my own personal insurance company who is now involved due to a huge by large mistake on the behalf of this other insurances part. I just really need some of you 260Z owners or Fellow Datsun Drivers to send me links to vehicles that are of good comparison. I have listed below what all I have into my car. I dont think the cars Im looking for have to be exact, but they should be similar enough that the assessment company will honor the values. For example they should have an RB swap and significant suspension and structural modifications. My car has a crappy paint job so Im not necessarily looking for the best looking car.

Here is what I have:

1974 Datsun 260Z early model 8/74

Parts List:

Bad Dog Z full lenth frame rails

Repaired floor pans

sectioned struts with Tokico Illumina shocks bz3015 & bz3099

Cosmo Racing EVOII coil overs

Energy suspension bushings all the way around

New wheel bearings on all corners

rebuilt rack and pinion

new inner and outer tie rods

new ball joints

new upper front strut cap bearings

rear strut pins replaced 4 years ago

27 spline outer stub axles

R200 3.70 gear rear end Clutch type LSD with axles

ModernMotorSports rear axle hub adapters core type

custom transverse link(for diff cover clearance)

strut mount ties(custom)

custom driveshaft

1" bump stop spacers front

customized rear sway bar mounts to clear frame rails and axles

New front diff mount OE Nissan

New engine mount isolators

earls stainless brake lines

R32 gtr brake booster and BN44 master

78 toy 4wd front calipers new

ceramic brake pads

new front rotors

new rear drums(rear disc conversion sitting in my garage)

new wheel cylinders

new clutch master

new clutch slave

Custom stainless polished 3" Mandrel bent exhaust consisting of Greddy EVO2 350Z exhaust system

XS Sport down pipe and some custom pieces to fit the car and it completely clears the bottom of the car so speed bumps are not an issue.

custom trans cross member

rick wong rb motor mounts

rb25det S2 1994 R33 skyline drivetrain

034 Motorsports custom intercooler lines with t clamps and 4 ply couplers

30X16X3 3in 3 out intercooler Mitsimushi

Genuine greddy intake manifold

OBX side mount header

Super Spark Coils

exedy stock clutch

Nismo fuel pressure regulator

custom turbo intake system extended to front of car

Apexi Power Intake R33 filter kit

HKS adjustable wastegate

rebuilt stock S2 nylon/ceramic turbo

new upgraded OE Nissan exhaust manifold studs which are NLA now

greddy timing belt

arp head studs

cometic mls head gasket

3 angle valve grind

spertech valve stem seals

cometic mls exhaust gasket

cometic mls intake gasket

fresh gasket surfaces on head (machine work)

N1 water pump

N1 oil pump

new OEM timing belt tensioner

new OEM timing belt idler

custom 7.5qt oil pan

ISIS short shifter

cable speedo driver for trans Nissan Navara cog cable driver

PRC 24" GM double pass customized for RB swap

2400cfm radiator fan

hayden fan controller

96 Q45 throttle body w/o t/c

Lokar 38" universal throttle cable

PCV catch can system and breather catch

Rebuilt RB alternator

BD Turbo Cool Down timer

Autometer pyro gauge

autometer boost gauge

innovate LC1 wideband

Apexi Power FC

Apexi boost controller kit

Fc datalogit

tuned at 18psi

280z fuel tank 1975

bosch 044 fuel pump with -8 AN lines

3/8" hard fuel lines feed and return

2 Optimal red tops (one in engine bay and the other behind passenger seat with custom plasma cut holding tray)

engine compartment belly pan

xenon air dam

air dam belly plate

intercooler and radiator support area air foils

euro clear tail lenses rear only

bi-xenon HID 10 kelvin conversion

Hella H4 glass 7" rounds

new window seals all the way around and good door/hatch seals

BRIDE custom shift boot

aftermarket seats

dash cap

all stock gauges working (even my clock works)

My AC doesnt work because Im short 2 lines and one receiver dryer(was a non AC equipped 260z and now has functioning hvac

carpet kit(several years old now but in pretty good shape)

300zx turbo z31 87 SS shift knob in like new condition

custom rubber shift boot and trans tunnel shifter hole cover

4 Enkie Series 92 15X7.5 wheels in Datsun 0 Offset

2 month old Kumho ECSTA 225/40r15

full set of wheel locks

280zx 6 spoke center caps modified to fit enkie 92's

In the least thank you for reading!

Feel free to pass the information along!

rayaapp2@hotmail.com is a good email you may send links to or PM me.

For future reference you need Stated Value insurance. I think Darwlick sold his for about 28k-33k, that was a rb26 240z pretty similar to my build. If I had to put a number on mine as far as what I put in it, it would be well over that.

Please forgive me if my assessment is wrong and I'm not accusing you, but this is what "appears" you are asking for from the insurance company.

I’m assuming you are keeping your car with all the high end parts, yet you are submitting receipts to the insurance company with the goal of getting their full value as new parts plus the value of the shell itself? I’m also assuming many of the parts are perfectly fine and re-usable.

If you turning the car over to the insurance company and walking away, fight their decision. If not, I guess I’m confused on how they are treating you unfairly?

Please forgive me if my assessment is wrong and I'm not accusing you, but this is what "appears" you are asking for from the insurance company.

I’m assuming you are keeping your car with all the high end parts, yet you are submitting receipts to the insurance company with the goal of getting their full value as new parts plus the value of the shell itself? I’m also assuming many of the parts are perfectly fine and re-usable.

If you turning the car over to the insurance company and walking away, fight their decision. If not, I guess I’m confused on how they are treating you unfairly?

The car is not being salvaged according to them so Im not handing it over to them. What is happening is that they are only valuing a non-total settlement that is below the costs of repairs. In most cases this would be a total loss if it stopped there, but there is some messed up stuff going on in the background. Ive already got a case against them for breaking CVC code and Fair Claims Settlement Practice Regulations, and the DOI has already slapped them on the wrist once.

I could have easily sold my car for something like $20,000 Im sure if it was on the market in its prior condition yet the insurance company doesnt have proof of that and their only source of value is coming from a handful of stock 260z's being sold for way less which isnt comparing apples to apples. So that is what I am trying to get at. I realize they prorate parts and such depending on mileage. I dont believe Im trying to defraud or screw the insurance company, but I have physical undeniable proof they are trying to screw me as far as a court of law goes. Like I mentioned I have attorneys, the department of Insurance of Ca, and my insurance all over this.

Anyway, hopefully that makes my intentions a little more clear. Im just trying to see if they right all their issues or in fact continue to hand me a court case.

But I really need to get some adds folks.

ZT-R, would you be willing to make an add for your car with what you think your car might sell. Im fairly certain your car is in similar shape to mine. The only problem is the mileage in between here and Socal.

60gs and its yours my friend :P

Sanjeev aka GTZ that was at MSA with the blueish 260Z with the hood that opens wrong is appraised and insured for $30,000.

Willing to post a CL add and send a link for me?

Thanks

Ray

It appears that I was miss-informed. Their payout for the policy that covers this loss is capped at $10,000 so Im gonna be out of pocket the additional $4500 in repairs and losses to date related to the loss of transportation over the past 4 months.

So they are gonna send me a release for the cap and there doesnt appear to be anything I can do beyond that as my insurance would have had to have collision to cover the rest.

After all the fighting and such I have a few days to think about my re-course but I dont believe I would get anywhere with it, so I will likely take it and attempt to fix my car with what I get.

Thanks for the help folks.

I spoke with my insurance and they do not offer classic car insurance so I will be making a phone call to Hagerty after I get the car repaired.