HybridZ

ZX dizzy and ign module in S30 q's

Hi all, I'm swapping in an l28 into my 260, as most of you know by now. I have the ZX dizzy and ignition module from an 82, but I've read that I need an early one from a 79. Now here's my confusion, can I use my 82, ignition module or do I have to get the early one? And if so where can I find one?

You guys have been great at helping me so far with this, I've been a ZX guy for years and most of this stuff is new for me.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/56465-turbo-dizzy-from-280zx/

Third post down will tell you all you need. Except you have a late model 260z so the wiring may not be the same.

In fact if I recall the 260's had an electric dizzy anyway, not points. At least mine did, and I know it wasn't a ZX dizzy. I was revving to 7k with my dizzy no problem.

Why are you doing this mod?

Edited by BluDestiny

Well my L28 has a dizzy in it already that's in much better shape than the 260's and just wanted to know why I couldn't use the later ign module, and yes, my 260 is electronic ignition also, that being said, I can use the ZX dizzy and swap the ign modules for the 260 one right?