HybridZ

Some noob questions

Dead Roman

I would very much like to use an l28 for a motorcycle project but I have some questions and I have been doing quite bit of searching to find answers. I used to have a turbo motor for a z build but that is long gone now so I dont have any way of taking measurements or vizualizing what I need.

1. Could you theoretically run 6 small carbs, one for each cylinder? My thinking behind this would be to use very short individual intake manifolds.

2. Will there be any negative side effects to using very short intake manifolds( basically 1-2 inches long)

3. Is there any kind of "low profile" distributor design out there? Basically the smallest most unobtrusive ignition setup possible? Any way of getting rid of the distributor that O am not aware of?

Try searching. Diddler(sp) on here is using GSXR throttle bodies. Carbs would work on the same principle. Runner length has been discussed, both pros and cons. A few have gone crank trigger and don't need the distributor.

Search, then ask very specific questions or this will end up in the tool shed.

Wow. What sort of motorcycle takes a cast iron block straight six?

Why do I have the feeling that this thing is not going to be brilliant at taking turns?

A rather long and heavy one? Sounds like something out of Monster Garage...