HybridZ

Replace entire driveshaft, or just u-join? What is easier?

MazerRackham

That would be a great deal if it's real. Somewhere from the 240z to the 280Z they started staking in the u-joints, making them irreplaceable without some machining. And $15 is about the price of one cheap u-joint.

It would be cheaper, easier, and most likely better, especially if they are Nissan factory u-joints.

That would be a great deal if it's real. Somewhere from the 240z to the 280Z they started staking in the u-joints, making them irreplaceable without some machining. And $15 is about the price of one cheap u-joint.

It would be cheaper, easier, and most likely better, especially if they are Nissan factory u-joints.

Thanks brother! What are some quick tests to make sure what I am getting is a "good" drive shaft?

You said it was brand new. It should be shiny and look new and probably have stickers or painted on ID numbers. Do you think it might be a fake? Or is it a brand new aftermarket? For $15, it might be worth buying just for a long metal tube.

Got pictures?

You said it was brand new. It should be shiny and look new and probably have stickers or painted on ID numbers. Do you think it might be a fake? Or is it a brand new aftermarket? For $15, it might be worth buying just for a long metal tube.

Got pictures?

The guy I'm buying it from pulled it from his garaged 75' because he was swapping in an LS1. I'll get pictures next time I come up and see him, but I forgot to take pictures while I was there. Sorry. Edited by MazerRackham