HybridZ

5L install pics

Guest scca

• 1 month later...

oil pan front drain bolt to x-member 1mm!!

i will eventually notch the x-member or remove the drain plug there and relocate it to the bottom or the side of the front sump.

the motor can actually get raised up about 1" i wanted as low and as far back as possible.. i almost went to far - hooking up the heater core was only a 3" hose from the 5L to the nissan core! tough to get on to say the least.

Is three inches enough to allow for some engine rocking? Also, did you use a restrictor in the heater hose like Ford did in the FOX cars? You might want to consider it as the FOX cars with 5.0s blew heater cores on a fairly regular basis with it and WAY more often without. It looks like a pipe plug with a small hole on it in the inlet hose. At leas the Z has an easier to remove core!

more new pics....

scroll to the bottom... i will slowly get them in separate sections...

some top up pics that i've been asked for before and the engine bay finished..

all but i need a air cleaner????? what to do there...

need some 3.5" mandrel bend then powdercoated and....a KNfilter in the hood hinge area..

• 1 year later...

how bizarre i didnt know that webpages are cap sensitive now?

the L in 5L needs to be 5l must be my isp changed something as i know they keep changing up for more security,

the link used to work but check the one i just posted - the link never moved but the server must have changed

thats Maserati yellow from a 2000 - pricey paint!only European paint makers could make it - dupont and such couldnt even mix it from the code...only comes base clear.. that was my first try at base/clear on the engine bay- (i didnt paint the outside!)